PJ2 and PJ7 replaced by 4 new DXCC entities on 10-10-2010 (0400Z)
The dissolution of the Netherlands Antilles has caused changes to the DXCC list. As per the DXCC rules, the two Netherlands Antilles DXCC entities will be deleted and moved to the Deleted Entities List. Four new entities will be added to the DXCC List: (1) Curaçao; (2) Sint Maarten; (3) Saba and St Eustatius, and (4) Bonaire. The event date and time for these changes was 0400 UTC, October, 10 2010. Confirmations for these new entities will be accepted for credit starting January 1, 2011. Other administrative changes and actions will be announced as they are finalized.
Automatic method for version 8.5
If you didn't add any of the 4 new DXCC entities yet, RXCLUS 8.5beta2 (or later) will propose to do this automatically when it is started. This is by far the easiest solution!
Manual method for version 8.4
Here is what you have to do to adapt your DXCC database to this new situation.
- Download the country.zip file.
- Unpack this ZIP file to get the new COUNTRY.DAT file (thanks to DJ6RX for helping updating it).
- If RXCLUS is running, stop it.
- Replace the old COUNTRY.DAT file by the new one. It's usually located in C:\Program Files\RXCLUS (unless you installed RXCLUS at another place).
- Restart RXCLUS.
- Open your personal DXCC database (F8 or "DXCC" in the main menu - don't try to load this file in an external text editor!).
- Locate the existing line for PJ2 - Neth. Antilles then change the prefix to PJ2X (you may choose another 4th character) and prefix the country name with an * (mandatory - this tells the software this entity is a deleted one). Note: if you are not interested in keeping track of deleted entities, you can delete this one instead of renaming it.
- Do the same for PJ7 - Sint Maarten, renaming it to PJ7X and *Sint Maarten. Note: if you are not interested in keeping track of deleted entities, you can delete this one instead of renaming it.
- Click on the Add button on the bottom right of the DXCC database window.
- Enter PJ2 in the first column and Curacao in the second one.
- Press Add again then enter PJ4 in the first column and Bonaire in the second one.
- Press Add again then enter PJ5 in the first column and Saba & St-Eustatius in the second one.
- Press Add again then enter PJ7 in the first column and Sint Maarten in the second one.
- Click on the OK button and then on Yes to save your changes.
The new entities will be placed automatically at the right place in alphanumerical order. If you open your DXCC database again, this part of the database should look like this:
(of course, with different band and mode status for the old entities!).
Please note that the ADIF import for those new entities is possible only with versions 8.5 of RXCLUS.
Good luck in the pileups!